Friday, December 21, 2012

a griswold moment

"Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year."

Today I felt like Clark Giswold. This is not necessarily a good thing. Remember that time he was trapped in his attic when his family went shopping? He went up there to put a gift for Ellen in a "safe place" and by doing so found one he put in a "safe place" years ago. 


I couldn't find some gifts today! And could I ask anyone to help me find them? NO. no. no. No one was here, but more importantly, no one would know!


There are times one is grateful for not having a sprawling, huge home. Today is one of those days. It put me behind schedule, but after much frantic searching I did locate my "safe place."


Perhaps I should watch Christmas Vacation soon and take some Griswold lessons to heart. I wouldn't want to have another Clark moment.


Bonus:

This is what Nate says every year when we get our tree:
"Lotta sap in here!... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap."
Then generally we pretend things are sticking to us. This year, things actually were sticking to us. 
That tree had a lotta sap!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Keep calm and put hot cocoa on.