Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
This guy I know has his own way of doing things:
- He prefers to go commando if his Mr. Incredible wonder-pants are unavailable
- He prefers to eat nothing resembling a fruit or a vegetable, unless it is juice of an apple
- He refuses to drink anything unless it originally came from an apple
- He is most particular about his footwear. He currently has his "fast train shoes" (they have Thomas the Tank engine on them - these allow him to run fast as a train). He has "strong shoes" (these are Transformer shoes which are very much a Keen knockoff. They fit him well, but as he is unfamiliar with Transformers, we told him the character on them (OptimusPrime) is a friend of Spiderman, and of course these shoes demonstrate his strong-ness). He also has "chocolate shoes" which are his brown loafers he wears to church.
- He loathes church clothes and insists on wearing "fast" clothes every day.
See if you can figure the following things out. Put your answers in the comments area:
1. Jimmy wants to read "the green book about dinner." What book is it?
2. A convertible Porche drives by, Jimmy says: a. Its fast!!! b. Its cool!!! c. Look, its a goken car.
3. What does 'goken' mean?4. He desperately wants to be a "surfer-California-boy." What is the one major thing holding him back?
5. What color is his cowboy hat?
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I haven't seen Nate very much over the last 2 weeks. So you can imagine my delight last night during three luxurious hours. We had conversations only interrupted by our waiter who brought us delicious things to eat (such as hand-picked heirloom tomatoes with goat cheese and a basil buttermilk dressing; followed by some tasty soups (for me - Japanese clam chowder with shiitake mushrooms and for Nate a Mulligawtawny with a light hint of curry); followed by perfectly seared scallops, Yukon gold-olive oil smashed potatoes, a cauliflower puree and an arugula shallot salad (for me) and (for Nate) Moroccan spiced prawns, crispy tofu, thinly sliced peppers and a white wine butter. If that wasn't enough, we were presented with a dark chocolate cake with a cream filling, Grand Marnier strawberries (I told Nate to go easy on those as he would be driving home) and vanilla bean honey gelato). I am still swooning.
Also, we partook of this deliciousness overlooking the ocean. Wow.
We then crossed the street walked down to the coast and watched the sun set. Pretty incredible. And to think, Jimmy and Grace missed it all.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Day Two of serious potty training. We are making slow and steady progress. He's quite delighted with getting a sticker on the chart for participating, and he is beyond excited about getting a train track or other miscellaneous part of a cheap Geo Trx set I bought off of craigslist. Wish us luck.