Tuesday, September 30, 2008

fall is here

I know that Fall is here because one isn't compelled to wear shorts today. I also know this because we had one of our favorite Fall dinners last night - butternut squash soup with wild rice and sausage. I would like to point out for the record that I used to not enjoy butternut squash in the least - in fact that would be true for all squashes (there are some now that I really quite like but that's for another day I suppose). One year Nate insisted on planting several butternut squash plants along our driveway. By the time Fall came around, they were actually overtaking our driveway. I suggested that if he did not redirect them, I would happily run them over. And I did - but only two! So it just goes to show a woman can change her mind and this recipe has helped me do just that. Its a bit involved, but makes a huge amount. And we love it. Hope you do too.

4 comments:

Katers said...

That recipe looks good! Why all the stress? Little bit of everything b/t Nate's schedule, Gracie's school, moving and the like?

Kirsti said...

Sounds like a great recipe, I am always on the lookout for new ones to try!
I love fall too, maybe it is the teacher in us!

H. said...

Mmmm...sounds tasty and very fall-y.

Natalie Page said...

Tried it last night and loved it. Tyler and Alyssa liked it, but Zac loved it. I hope the Kielbasa wasn't offended because they kept calling it hot dogs.