Monday, January 11, 2010

old news, new news

Well, I'm still hanging in there. In fact, I'm better - but still not up to full lung capacity. I'm still easily winded. As much as I love my grandmothers, I really don't enjoy breathing like some of them.

We're also trying to iron out contract difficulties for the new job. Most of the difficulties have come from finding the right lawyer, tossing out the incorrect lawyer, and then getting the other lawyer to work (I guess they have lawyer hours and not doctor hours). Really, if you want to make lots of cash and have a nice life where you are home with your family or can have hobbies, please don't be a surgeon.

It has been through these trivial matters that Nate and I have come to an important decision - its high time we finally go on that trip for two to somewhere tropical. We're headed to Hawaii in May!!!! Our 12th anniversary is approaching and though it is not a multiple of 5 occasion (such as our 5th or 10th or whatever (certainly you can count by five?)) it seems the most opportune time to go and it also seems like the time when we can really lay back and relax (big decisions made and boards over (and by boards I mean the big ones - yikes). We were going to go in the middle of the month for 6 days, but then Nate's cousin changed her wedding date and Memorial Day weekend is now open. That allows us 7 days! Think we can manage to be away from life and children for 7 days?

9 comments:

kim said...

of course you can be away that long!! How fun. I am so happy for you! You will love your kids that much more when you get back!!! Brian and I get to go on a short 3 day get away to chicago next week. (any suggestions of places to go or see?) we thought we would try to get away before our baby is born. Maybe one day we can make it somewhere tropical!!! Have fun!

anorthowife said...

that must be such a burden having to spend a whole extra day in hawaii!!! in all seriousness though, you guys DESERVE this more than anyone else i know. hooray for you two! and im pretty sure (and by that, i mean im positive) Grace and Jimmy will have just as good of a time while you're gone...

Kristen said...

Hooray for Hawaii! Check out Kauai if you can - the hike on the north part of the island is incredible. And the Napali coast is a must see in this lifetime!

Gina said...

Somehow I think you'll survive!

Kristin said...

Yay yay yay!! I'm so excited for you! I love my kids, but wow, trips alone are the best. We are off for the land of paradise Thursday...I love it there, I could live there. Oh, I'm so happy right now thinking about it!

Evalynn said...

So excited for you and so jealous! Say hi to Hawaii for me :)

Kath said...

Hawaii sounds divine!! And from what I have read...you very much deserve the break--enjoy!! Glad to find your blog. Sad you will be moving soon:(

stacyjulian said...

So happy for you. Hawaii is a great place to take your doctor and make him unplug.

Love your blog!

H. said...

I'm so happy for you that you guys are going to Hawaii!!! That is wonderful!