Tuesday, January 19, 2010

under the rainbow

We had a glorious three day weekend (read - Nate was off all three days!), during which we watched The Wizard of Oz (we also took a mini-road trip, ate at a fabulous institution, stayed next to another one, and had quality family fun). Grace could not get over the different parts of the movie that were in black and white verses the main part in color. This seems to go along with her question to me earlier in the week, "Did the world used to be in black and white?"

And then yesterday it started to rain. And by rain, I mean sheets of water pouring forth from the sky. It has rained more in the last day and a half than it has the whole time we've lived here. This made me realize that my trusty umbrella has been misplaced (or left in STL).

I think a lot of San Diegans don't bother with an umbrella. You just don't need one much here. Today though, many caved in and bought up all of Target's bounty. I was one of the lucky ones and scored one of their remaining golf sized umbrellas. Of course it is a beauty - completely bright and rainbow hued! Seriously, I'm afraid it might be making some kind of political statement.

Oh well, at least I'm dry!

1 comment:

Evalynn said...

Hurray for a good weekend! And stay safe in that weather you're having . . . you guys made cnn.com and msnbc.com.