Thursday, April 22, 2010

I need to go back


California is really an amazing place. Of course there are the beaches, the mountains, the wonderful weather, and all that. But most importantly they have a real Chicago institution. And I do mean it is the real deal.

The closest one is a mere 1 1/2 hours from our house. We descended on it to celebrate my birthday (which was a few months ago, but I finally uploaded my pictures, I'm sure you don't mind!)

Boy, was it a celebration! I try not to put unflattering pictures of myself on here (because I do have a say about that at least on my own blog!), but I thought this one best illustrated the amazing tastiness of turning thirty-ahem, what I mean to say is reaching closer towards your mid-thirties.

Perhaps I haven't fully embraced my inner-mid-ish-thirty-ness. I think I need to go back.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I have taken part in the long, proud tradition of Portillos. Delicious. I can't wait to go back. I definitely have to thank the Page/Morrison crew for the recommendation.

Kristin said...

I love it! Bring on the mid-thirty-ish pictures, attitude, and funness (is that a word?). Hope it was a great birthday...you look great, and obviously you are acting more mature with each year that passes!

Anonymous said...

You need to come back to the original in your home town.

Evalynn said...

Yum! What a way to celebrate! Love the picture of you, but I must say that I especially love the one of Grace . . . pickle disgust just oozing through the computer!

Katers said...

Yes, you need to come back for the original! Whenever Joe's parents come in for a visit, they ask for two foods....Portillos and Lou Malnati's Pizza. True Chicago Food!