Thursday, June 14, 2012

the doctor has left the building


This is my doctor. He is old now, like me. He chose Texas sheet cake to celebrate that fact. It was swoon-fully delicious.

He is now in the midst of the wilderness, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, on a 3 day hike. He could not have been more excited about this trip. It is a passion he and I do not share. He loves the outdoors and the creatures one sees. I on the other hand enjoy the outdoors only if I know I can come back inside whenever I want, and frankly most creatures terrify me.

Every night when I go to sleep, I am grateful to be sleeping in a very comfortable bed all the while being cooled by divine a/c. I think he is probably grateful to be up 3500+ feet, covered by a blanket of stars (and a blanket of insect repellent).

He will be home soon. He will be dirty, the laundry will be almost as scary as woodland creatures, and he will be very happy. I will be too! We miss him around here!

We already have a date night lined up to celebrate his return from the wild. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: