Monday, June 11, 2012

morning solitude

We had 5 children for part of the last 4 days. It was so fun, and so very exhausting. Nate and I did a weekend swap with his brother. We take their kids for a long weekend and they will take our kids for long weekend. So under my care was a 10 year old, 8 year old, 6 year old, 4 year old, and a 1 year old.

We did fun games, fun crafts, ate lots of kid-friendly food (which is why I have a ton of Swiss chard and beets in my fridge from the CSA. I just didn't see that going over too well). We even had the Page Cousin Olympics, complete with synchronized swimming, water basketball, and a crazy game involving shaving cream and Cheetos (pictures to follow soon).

So this morning as the children left for morning summer camp, I breathed in a huge sigh of relief. It is so quiet here, I can hear the whir of the washing machine (I cannot even tell you how much laundry there is). I am savoring the moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you may have gotten the harder end of that deal! :)