Monday, July 28, 2008

rain, rain, go away .... and please don't come back when I'm camping!

Torrential downpour. Severe storms. Wet yuckiness. That sums up Friday night. I won't go into the details.

Saturday the sun came out. We celebrated by having s'mores at 8:30 a.m. Broke camp and then played in the river. Came home dirty, exhausted, sun burnt. But somehow we managed to have a good time.

Tonight Nate said he was glad we went despite some of our challenges and that we should do a family trip again soon. I agree, but next time let's sleep in a hotel.

4 comments:

Laura F said...

So sorry to hear about the rain! Also, sorry we missed you guys on Sunday where I hopefully could have heard all about it! We had kids with fevers all night Saturdy night so didn't make meetings. I'm surprised you didn't have the same!

H. said...

Wow. You camped in July in Missoui. You are a brave brave girlie. I'm all for the hotel, but congrats on making it through.

Brittany Owens said...

To be perfectly honest, I hate camping. I love being outdoors, and being around a campfire, but when it comes to sleeping give me a real bed and shelter. You are a trooper, and I am sorry about the rain. You guys have bad luck sometimes. First the car thing, then this.

Anonymous said...

You are your Mother's daughter :)