Thursday, November 1, 2007

goodbye october


Needless to say, we are glad to bid farewell to October. I have nothing against October, personally, but this particular one was particularly bad! We did end on a positive note with Trick or Treating in a great South City neighborhood and a fun driving tour of all of the Halloween decorations. Our weather held nicely and it wasn't too hot or too cold for anyone. Grace was more interested in running around with her friends and on the way home realized the folly in that, "Daddy, I didn't get much candy!" Oh well, maybe the lesson was learned (well, maybe!). Jimmy ran all around too, but his favorite activity was taking candy out of the bowl and putting it into another person's bowl (I should mention at this time that in this neighborhood everyone sits out on their front lawn around bonfires and hands out candy from their lawn chair, also in St. Louis it is tradition that the Trick-or-treaters tell you a joke or share a talent in order to earn their candy - Gracie's joke this year, What's it like to be kissed by a Vampire...Its a pain in the neck!") We came home, got the kids to bed and then Nate and I shared some delicious pumpkin muffins. Happy November!

3 comments:

Robin Morrison said...

*ahem*

Trick or treat!
Smell my feet!
Give me something good to eat!

If you don't,
I don't care;
I'll pull down ypur underwear!

Jared said...

Wow, South City sounds like a cool place for trick or treating. Wish we knew of it when we lived in STL!

Anonymous said...

I really like Gracie's joke. I can't wait to tell Tyler tomorrow.

I'm glad you survived October.