Monday, June 1, 2009

sticky fingers


This picture was taken a few weeks ago when we were cleaning out our winter clothes and has nothing to do with the following:

Last night we had a delicious dinner at our friends' house. But that is not the point of the story.
Last night I got to hold one of my favorite babies. But that is not the point of the story either.
Last night we buckled Jimmy into his car seat. The following conversation ensued:

J: Uh oh, what's in my shirt?
Me: Um, I don't know. What's in your shirt?
J: Oh, I don't know.
Me: Jimmy, did you put something in your shirt?
J: Yes!
Me: Jimmy, what did you put in your shirt?
J: A Phone!!!
Me: A phone?!
J: Yes. Phone is in my shirt, right here.

We pulled over, unbuckled him and wouldn't you know our host-of-the-evening's phone was in his shirt!

Me: Jimmy, why did you put Nick's phone in your shirt?
J: Dunno.

1 comment:

anorthowife said...

did you even bother to think that maybe Jimmy had to make a phone call???